Friday, January 4, 2013

First non-eating mistake

Well I suppose it was bound to happen and today it did.  Today I forgot to eat. This has never once in my entire life happened to me. I could not even have imagined this being possible 4 weeks ago, even though the literature I read about my weight loss surgery told me this would happen it just didn't seem like that could possibly apply to me, a regular and persistent eater.

So hear is how it happened.  I had to be at work extra early for a breakfast meeting, which meant leaving my house before 6am.   I made a 8 oz protein smoothy to drink on the road to work ( a one hour communte) Then at the breakfast I had a couple tablespoons of scrambled eggs and half a sausage link.  Next I  went to my office where I had an extra busy day with back to back meetings and time commitments until 3:30, then I drove home.  I was feeling tired and fatigued and thinking it was too early in the day for me to be so tired.  I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things and when I got out of the car I was very light headed.  Then I realized I had not even opened my lunch bag today.  That I had eaten nothing since 8am. When I went in the store, I found some string cheese and ate it then went on about my grocery shopping.  This took away the light headed feeling and filled me up for the time being and I was able to get home. 

This was a big wake up call for me, I had read about people who set a reminder in their cell phone to eat regularly I couldn't imagine this would happen to me.

Happy Friday everyone.

10 comments:

  1. WOW, Melena, you need a Wake Up Call, need me to call you when I eat, to see if you have eaten? Let me tell you, I need a few of those forget to eat days, but right now I'll start with one. But I hope I don't read again a blog saying again, I forgot to eat, I will start calling you to not forget to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 6 weeks out from surgery and I'm beginning to think I need to set a reminder as well. For the first time in my life my tummy is happiest when it's being ignored. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this alot. I also forget to drink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malnutrition is a major side effect! Please be careful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melena ... I am a FB friend of Karie Ann Castleberry's. I had gastric bypass in February 2012. Welcome to the loser's bench :-) ... I might friend request you, if you are on FB. Congratulations on your surgery! I have a friend who is hoping to have the sleeve at some point in the coming months and another who had it about three months ago (perhaps more ... I can't recall the exact date ... it was this summer though). I'm so glad you are talking about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love if you added me on Facebook. Feel free to tip you're friends who have or are getting the sleeve!

      Delete
    2. I actually just friend-requested you :-) ... my friend, Tammy (she left a comment below) is the one who had the sleeve!

      Delete
  6. I had my sleeve done August 24th (this year) and have gone without eating...I just 'forget'...I know the light-headedness and tired feeling...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four months ago ... sorry, Tammy. Time flies! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Very awesome to meet you ladies!, I am doing terrific and looking forward to sharing my wls experience and a little poker talk with others

    ReplyDelete