Thursday, January 3, 2013

Finding dinner at Costco

Last night I decided to stop on my way home from work and play a poker tournament.  It was also my first day back to work since my weight loss surgery.  I packed lunch and snacks for the day but had not prepared to be away from home for dinner.  This creates two problems, my stomach only holds 3-5 tablespoons of food, making most purchased meals way to large and then my energy lags quickly if I don't have a regular infusion of protein rich foods.

I decided to go into a nearby Costco and buy a case of protein drinks. I was thinking I could have one now and keep the case in the car for such occasions.

Went I got inside I had arrived at prime sample time at Costco and it occurred to me that I could likely get my entire 3-5 tablespoons of food just wandering about the aisles.  Here is what I found that became my dinner. 

About 1 Tablespoon of Applesauce
About 2 Tablespoons of  Tomato Soup
1/4 slice of colby cheese
1/2 slice of salami
1 Tablespoon of Fire roasted Tomato Hummas

Mission accomplished dinner eaten.  Thank you Costco!  


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! Love it! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try that as my diet, and call it the Sample Diet....just eat the samples and have protein drinks, wonder if I could really do that.

    Love you, Melena

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! One of the great perks of weight loss surgery. You can score free meals at supermarkets or by "trying a bite" of whatever your friends are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...I love Costco...
    Love the blog too Queen...
    4-Lady Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lady Di, I have enjoyed getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete